MSVidWebDVD and no sound from a DVD.
Austin
2009-09-06 02:05:58 UTC
Per Mirosoft's directions I am replacing the MSWebDVD control with
MSVidWebDVD in my application. I seem to have hit a wall because I can not
for the life of me get it to play the sound from the DVD on Vista and Win 7,
but it plays perfectly on XP. Of course I have no use for it on XP as it
has the MSWebDVD control.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? What can I do to solve it?
I have already invested WAY too many hours on something Microsoft forced on
us with this replacement. By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, the
latest Windows updates has also killed the MSWebDVD control in Office apps.
Grrr........

Any and all help is appreciated.
സന്തു
2009-09-07 11:46:41 UTC
Check the audio format in DVD and confirm if audio decoder is present.
Austin
2009-09-07 16:44:46 UTC
Yes the decoder is present, if it were not WMP would not be able to play a
DVD with sound. From what I have learned by seraching the internet this is
a huge issue for anyone trying to use this control and I can not find anyone
that has solved it.
Roger Pack
2011-02-04 21:52:17 UTC
appears a related discussion is here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsdirectshowdevelopment/thread/cd7d5f5f-01bc-466a-a3ef-94af065f7e90
Post by Austin
Per Mirosoft's directions I am replacing the MSWebDVD control with
MSVidWebDVD in my application. I seem to have hit a wall because I can not
for the life of me get it to play the sound from the DVD on Vista and Win 7,
but it plays perfectly on XP. Of course I have no use for it on XP as it
has the MSWebDVD control.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? What can I do to solve it?
I have already invested WAY too many hours on something Microsoft forced on
us with this replacement. By the way, for anyone that does not know, the
Post by സന്തു
Check the audio format in DVD and confirm if audio decoder is present.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
ASP.NET In-Memory Image Control with Built-In Resizing of Posted File
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e1a14e2c-e746-4bed-a552-24c632bd2709/aspnet-inmemory-image-control-with-builtin-resizing-of-posted-file.aspx