Does video render support YUY2 subtype?
pango
2003-10-18 09:37:25 UTC
I write a video source filter that send YUY2 subtype
image,but it can not connect with video render unless
insert a "avi compress" filter between them,but I
remembered that some filters also send YUY2 video can
connect with video render directly,but why my filter can
not do it?Does the video render support YUY2 subtype?
The March Hare (MVP)
2003-10-18 17:53:04 UTC
Post by pango
I write a video source filter that send YUY2 subtype
image,but it can not connect with video render unless
insert a "avi compress" filter between them,but I
remembered that some filters also send YUY2 video can
connect with video render directly,but why my filter can
not do it?Does the video render support YUY2 subtype?
I don't know why your filter can't do it. Using intelligent connect with DV
AVI file connects in YUY2 by default here.
Peter Feldbaumer
2003-10-18 19:10:32 UTC
Post by pango
I write a video source filter that send YUY2 subtype
image,but it can not connect with video render unless
insert a "avi compress" filter between them,but I
remembered that some filters also send YUY2 video can
connect with video render directly,but why my filter can
not do it?Does the video render support YUY2 subtype?
If I remember correctly, the video-renders insist on rgb-samples in some
situations (e.g. if the graph is paused or if it gets just started). The
switching to yuv2 will happen soon after you run the graph, but if you don't
accept any rgb-subtypes, the avi-compressor will be inserted...
--
Peter Feldbaumer
p dot feldbaumer at utanet dot at
Tim Roberts
2003-10-19 04:07:39 UTC
Post by Peter Feldbaumer
Post by pango
I write a video source filter that send YUY2 subtype
image,but it can not connect with video render unless
insert a "avi compress" filter between them,but I
remembered that some filters also send YUY2 video can
connect with video render directly,but why my filter can
not do it?Does the video render support YUY2 subtype?
If I remember correctly, the video-renders insist on rgb-samples in some
situations (e.g. if the graph is paused or if it gets just started). The
switching to yuv2 will happen soon after you run the graph, but if you don't
accept any rgb-subtypes, the avi-compressor will be inserted...
Correct. If you hope to have the video renderer use a YUY2 overlay, your
filter must also support an RGB format. The graph will start in RGB format
and then switch on the fly to YUY2.
--
- Tim Roberts, ***@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.